Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Prayer vigil saves earth from antiChrist.

Just to prove that fundamentalist nutters aren't uniquely American a group of Dutch born again fanatics were holding a 24-hour "prayer vigil" to keep Satan and the antiChrist at bay yesterday. What caused this? Well yesterday was the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006. In purely numeric terms that would be 6/6/06. Well, that is close enough to 666 to have the nut cases on edge. The number 666 is supposed to be the mark of the antiChrist and is taken from the bizarre texts of the Book of Revelations in the New Testament. That is one freaky bunch of nonsense and reads like someone writing on a acid trip.

An organiser from Ambassadors Ministries, Mathijs Piet, said, "We know that on this date Satanists will try and do many things, so we Christians try and do the opposite. We know the Devil hates it when we worship God." Apparently the day came and went without any fanfare or outbreak of Satanic forces. So obviously the prayer worked!

I know that if I hop into the bathroom on my left foot I won't find an allegator in the tub. Everytime I do this it works. Not once has there been an allegator in the tub when I hop on my left foot. I also find that the sun rises every day as long as I have something to drink the day before. Never fails!

Speaking of the supposed antiChrist that the fundie nutters go on about. According to the bizarre Left Behind series of books, which are a novel series about how the world will be under the antiChrist United Nations Forces, the antiChrist was conceived using artificial insemination with the sperm of two gay men. Nice little touch of bigotry there don't you think. Folks, gays are the new Jews.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diederick said...

I was wished a happy triple6 that day, by one of my Goth/anti-Christ friends. Well, a wannabe that is. I thanked him, and said it sure was gonna be a good day. I celebrated my eighteenth birthday that evening, so triple 6 is not at all a danger. Besides, there is no such thing as an anti-Christ, How can you be against Christ when he's been dead for 06-06-2006? They're not still demonstrating against Stalin; are they?

June 11, 2006

 
Blogger GodlessZone said...

The problem was that they weren't demostrating against Stalin when he was alive either. In Russia if they did they ended up dead. In the West the Left ran around saying he was misunderstood and making comments like "well you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet" Of course the Left wasn't talking about eggs but people's skulls. But I take your point. I guess the big difference is that Stalin's views don't set much public policy these days. But there are a whole lot of jihadists who want public policy set by what they say Jesus would do.

June 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters Religion Blog Top Sites